Another year, another JDIFF done & gone.
Yes, the hangovers have been mended, though our hearts are still a little sore.
I was a volunteer again!!
I was absolutely delighted about that! Last year was hard not being a volunteer. But I was back in the grind this year & helping out with the marketing team. Very different then my venues, but different in a very wonderful way!
Oh yes, hard at work taking photos with our iPads for the JDIFF snapfeed.
And now on to some of my highlights…
- We had some AMAZING guests this year! Russell Crowe, Kenneth Branagh, Kim Cattrall…just to name a few! I fully suggest you head over to the DIFF Facebook page to see photos & read the #joinDIFFLive twitter feeds to hear what some of these actors had to say!
- The volunteers—there nothing more I need to say. I love this group competely. Always a highlight!
- The Film Quiz. It was my personal best year—I answered almost 10 QUESTIONS CORRECTLY! Our team still may have come in very close to the bottom, but I was delighted with the night. Next year my friends, next year I’ll be back to the middle or the scoreboards! 😉
- Going to the Jameson Cult Film Club event! I got to spend time before the film talking to guests, taking photos, and having an all together grand time—everyone was full of smiles…and Jameson. 😉
- Live twitter Q&A w/ Alan Rickman! That is all.
- And last, but my no means least: OMGOODNESS—JULIE ANDREWS!!! It felt like the entire week was building up for this moment. I have no shame in admitting that I cried a bit! She is pure grace & humility & practically perfect in every way!!!!!! I was still full of little squeals just writing this!
It was an amazing festival, as it always it.
JDIFF is officially over: as the last bits of Jameson were poured, the JDIFF era came to an end! Yes, as the closing party came to a close, so did JDIFF…
But don’t fret, DIFF is alive & well. And the days are already be checked as we all count down to DIFF 2016!! 😉 xoxo
**Please note that NOT all of these photos are my own. These are a mix of my photos, photos taken from the Dublin International Film Festival facebook page & photos taken from The Church Café Bar facebook page. Please do not take or use any of the photos for any reason without my permission. Thanks.